The Medical Device Surveillance and Assessment (MDSA) provides research support to Kaiser Permanente clinicians who are interested in conducting research related to implant performance.
If you would like to initiate an implant-related research project, the first step is to complete an MDSA Research Study Letter of Intent Form.
Key criteria used to review and prioritize data requests include:
- Clinical relevance
- Scientific merit
- Relevance to other research studies, publications and grant proposals
- Alignment with Kaiser Permanente’s mission
Principal Investigator (PI) responsibilities:
- Formulate the research hypothesis and conduct literature review
- Complete required Kaiser Permanente research training
- Determine study protocol, oversee study and analysis, prepare a manuscript, disseminate findings within the organization
How MDSA supports the process:
- Research design
- Data extraction
- Statistical analysis
- Research compliance
- Internal dissemination of study findings
- Conference submissions
- Manuscript generation & submission
Submit a research project — MDSA Research Study Letter of Intent Form.